Saturday, October 28, 2006

memory lane

This blog was meant to be written two days ago. The purpose of this blog is just to make sure I somehow have these memories written somewhere.

First one, I think probably my third year mid-terms and as usual its Topi and myself listening to radio and trying to study. Shukla's steel trunk was borrowed because Topi can somehow never study without playing some tabla.

All of a sudden a Qawwaali starts playing on my Videocon dubba..

"Oh mubaarak Tujhe Hamnava mil gaya.."
Ab Tere pyaar ka Aina mil gaya"

God knows what happened we just lost it...there was something about the environment. We had these sudden attacks usually when we enjoyed something momentarily and lived that moment to the fullest. We both thoroughly enjoyed this song. Topi even wrote the lyrics and we sang it 2-3 times Qawwali style that night before giving up on it. I vaguely remember we even sang this song at some Meta event.

(I saw the video of this song 2 days ago, 6 years after I had heard this song for the first time that night. It is from the movie Ghulam-e-Mustafa.)

The second one "Lassi-oye.." it is my first song ever..hahaha with Gandhi (music by Topi). It was our second year and everyone was beginning to accept that Meta department was going to be our home for the next 3 years. Some professor was not in the class on time and all of a sudden I do not remember how someone said we need a song...maybe I do not even remember it correctly now. All I remember is Gandhi and I were there in front of the class and in total freak mode we composed and sang this song "Lassi-Oye" right there.

memories....Spoke with Saurbh Nishant after almost 2 years today. I envy him because he goes to run on Sameer Hill every weekend and I run on treadmill every other day :) no no I am not cribbing...hehehe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about sharing the lyrics with us?

JeevSingh said...

I do not remember all of them, honestly now when I listened that song. They were not that great :)

Milan said...

chads7uf, too much description..and apan was smiling all the way while reading it...

JeevSingh said...

Thanks Mili teri entry achaanak...bada acha laga

Born a Libran said...

Man... IITB... H2... Those were the days... :)