Thursday, August 08, 2013

More pics from Shanghai

A few iPhone pics capturing shanghai. Kids apparently have the highest competences in the world at 8th grade level so it was good to see them dancing on a rainy night on east nanjing road. But I could wrong about their ages.

Also got a chance to see the Pearl Tower on a nice evening. My self decision not to spend money on high buildings and their views stops me from spending 100RMB (or 17USD) to go on top of this tower. This week I discovered good Thai, Malay, and Korean restaurants in various mall food courts and also a cheap Kung Pao Chicken serving restaurant near my apartment. But the most fascinating aspect was discovering tandoori naan's on the streets of Shanghai. My theory is that this is an offshoot of the Sikh influence that was prevalent in Shanghai during the late 1800s to 1940s (more on that later)

Last but not the least look who I found in a DVD store :) The last picture is for a building which when completed would be the second tallest building in the world at 638m or so.






     



No comments: