Saturday, November 08, 2008

Dasvidaniya and Oye Lucky Oye

Both albums are very nice and capture their markets.

Dasvidaniya: is all about heart felt songs and my personal favorite is "Mumma", a sweet song about ma. I would rate this album a **** and recommend a buy rating. The music is by Kailash Kher (not 100% sure).

Oye Lucky, Lucky Oye: is all about Harpreet Singh :) The songs have the same masti that I would associate with Harpreet of good old IIT days. The lyrics are sharp and funny at many places. There is a Rajasthani number which is something I have never heard in a bollywood movie and for sure punjabi "folk" is making its way into mainstream bollywood. Songs like Jugni will rock the clubs for months to come. I would rate this album **** and recommend a buy rating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just finished watching the movie dasvidaniya ... was pleased to see such a refreshing movie coming from bollywood ... away from the karan johar nonsense. the theme reminded me of Bucket List though. the movie only had alvida song in it which was pretty good. i think all this has nothing to do with you post .. just remembered that i read dasvidaniya somewhere so thought of leaving a comment. and quantum of solace was a disgrace imo.

JeevSingh said...

Ohh nice, I have not seen the movie yet but will surely watch it this weekend. Put some sign/name so that I can know who is leaving the comment...thanks for stopping by.