Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Ghalib Magic - Dil-e-Nadan Tujhe Hua Kya Hai





credit for translation: http://www.englishcyber-literature.net/creations.html



(Dil-e-Nadaan tujhe hua kya hai
Akhir is dard ki dawa kya hai?)
Oh my naïve heart, what has befallen to you?
After all, what is the remedy for this pain?

(Hum hain mushtaq aur woh bezar)
I am impatient and my beloved is weary.
(Ya ilahi ye majra kya hai?)
Oh! God what is the matter out here?

(Main bhi muh mein zuban rakhta hun)
I too have a tongue in my mouth
(Kash pucho ke mudua kya hai)
May I know what the matter is?

(Jab ke tujh bin nahi koi maujud)
When there is no one besides you here
(in this world)
(Phir ye hangama ai khuda kya hai?)
Then oh God! what is all this commotion?

(Ham ko inse wafa ki hai umeed)
I have hopes of faithfulness from her
(Jo nahi jante wafa kya hai)
Who knows not what faithfulness is.

(Jaan tumpar nisar karta hun)
I would give my life for you
(Mein nahi janta dua kya hai)
I know not what the prayer is

No comments: